Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas!

This was the most fun I've had at Christmas in a LONG time! It's amazing how kids will let you relive the excitement of the holidays all over again. Hannah was sooooo excited about Santa this year, and couldn't wait to put out milk and cookies for him! But instead of the traditional "carrot" for the reindeer, she insisted on a "pickle" instead! :)

On Christmas morning, the kids woke up and got to LITERALLY tear into the living room where Santa left the presents. Jim and I put wrapping paper over the doorways (partly to obstruct nosey peepers who might sneek out of bed)...and also so the kids could tear thru the paper like at a football game! They loved it!

The kids had a blast opening their bajillion gifts on Christmas morning with Papa here to help! Later, my family came over for more presents, LOTS of good food, and good times. The adults did a "white elephant" gift exchange with a $75 price tag on each gift. Everyone got some really cool stuff! It was a lot of fun!

I'm usually SO ready for the holidays to be over by the time it's the day after Christmas...but I have to say my heart is a little heavy at the thought of putting away the decorations and moving on into 2009. My kids' ages are so much fun right now...I just wish I could freeze them at this time and celebrate Christmas with them every day!





1 comment:

Katy said...

It sounds & looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! What a fun idea with the wrapping paper over the doorways!