Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I Left My Heart.....

Well, I'm back from my vacation to San Francisco with my mom. We had a wonderful weekend together with great weather, lots of shopping, good eats and WAY too much wine!

Our first day in town we did A LOT of walking...all around Fisherman's Wharf, to some of the piers, downtown into China Town and back to our hotel at the Wharf. We had the most amazing Italian food that night in North Beach at an incredible tiny little restaurant called Mona Lisa. YUM!

The entire next day we spent shopping at Union Square. Period. We were so tired that it was all we could manage to have dinner and head off to bed that night! Whew! I'm out of "marathon shopping shape"!

Saturday was my most favorite part of the trip...our tour of the wineries in Napa Valley. It started with a bus ride over the Golden Gate Bridge which was gorgeous. We spent the day at 4 different wineries where I learned much more about wine (other than just how to drink it!). The day ended with a ferry ride under the Bay Bridge back to our hotel. It was so much fun and I definitely want to go back! After dinner that night, Mom and I pretty much passed out early (too much wine I guess)...only to be woken up by the fire alarm being pulled in our hotel. Not pleasant...it was my first experience with a hang over at 10pm at night. Kids do the darndest things!

And finally, after cruising around Ghirardelli Square for the better part of Sunday, we headed off to the airport for our 5pm flight. Right as we were about to board, we were notified that the pilot had become violently ill and was taken off the plane on a stretcher! No pilot means no flight. They flew another pilot in from Vegas and our flight was delayed 4.5 hours! Oh well...the rest of the trip couldn't have been more perfect!

This picture was taken on Pier 39...mmmmmmm, wine tasting!
At the Andretti Winery in Napa Valley...my FAVORITE part of the trip

I couldn't pass up taking this picture in downtown San Fran... On the ferry ride...coming back from Napa

My mom bought these adorable little sourdough turtles for the kids from Boudin Bakery...we ate there TWICE during our stay!


Having lunch on the 8th floor of Macy's in downtown San Fran

4 comments:

The Former PK said...

Oh how cute! A mom & me trip! I hope to someday do that with my mom. You guys looked like you had a blast!! And the fire alarm and delayed flight only add "flavor" to the memories:)

Anonymous said...

Looks like such a fun trip!! :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had such a fun time!! :)

Katy said...

It sounds & looks like you had a wonderful trip! I think you've done more in San Francisco in one trip than I have in the 8 times I've been there!

Great pics too!!!