Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, March 20, 2009

Time flies

I just got to thinking today about how much my little Hannah Banana has grown up. At times that gives me a sense of relief because she's so much more self-sufficient than just a year ago. But at times that also makes me painfully sad. Tonight in the car, we had just left from having sushi and ice cream with Daddy before he headed off to work again. We had all the windows rolled down and the tunes turned up. Hannah said, "Mommy! Somebody has a fire in their fireplace in their back yard!" I laughed and said, "How do you know THAT, smarty pants?" She said, "Cuz I smell it!" I know it's just the mommy in me coming out...but is she brilliant, or what? I mean, at 3 years old, did she really just point something out, site unseen, by the smell of it? Wow.

Right now, Hannah's favorite thing in the world is stickers. She loves putting on mascara and does an impecable job. She's right handed and talks about "staying in the lines" when she colors. Strangely, she has a very tight bond with our little schnoodle dog, Yazi. Strange because Hannah spent the first two years of her life hitting Yazi and pulling any part of Yazi's body she could get her chubby little fingers to grasp. Her favorite cartoons are Wow Wow Wubbzy, Dora the Explorer, and Little Bill. She likes to go to sleep watching one of these cartoons while holding on to her "bunny" and her "soft blankie" (aka Mason's blue baby blanket). She has a love/hate relationship with her little brother...but loves to check his diaper for poo poo. If there IS no poo poo, then she likes to change his diaper (and he lets her!). Hannah wants to go to Kindergarten like Tessa. And even though this won't happen for another year and a half, I'm sure the time will fly by way too quickly.

My "baby" girl. :(

1 year old


2 weeks ago

1 comment:

Katy said...

Wow, she looks so old with her hair straightened like that! What a beauty!