Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, March 2, 2009

Cereal Slurps

This morning was kinda rough in our house. Mason didn't sleep well last night which is very unusual. We tried moving him to our bed...that didn't work. We tried moving him back to his bed...he just screamed. I slept with him in the spare bedroom...and he finally slept. But he tossed and turned all night which left me exhausted by 7am this morning. He recently started crawling out of his crib...so even when I tried to put him down for his nap earlier, he just kept getting out. Arrrrrgh. The beginning of a new era. On top of all this, he peed on our carpet that we just got cleaned YESTERDAY. And before I could grab a diaper and WHILE I was cleaning up the pee mess, he crapped on the patio. Sigh.

ANYWAY, my point in all this grumbling is... none of all this stuff really matters when you come around the corner and find both these little hoodlums finishing off their cereal the same way I used to when I was their age (and still sometimes do when nobody's looking!) They were so stinkin' cute together...that I smiled for the FIRST time today .....and grabbed my camera :)



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lord help me the day Jackson has learned he can crawl out of his crib. What do you do!? Love the kids mouths covered in milk from the slurps:)

The Former PK said...

Awww Michelle! I'm not a mom, but I do know "there will be days like this." And it's awesome that you found the goodness in the kiddies despite all the mishaps from the morning!

Katy said...

Sorry about Mason's sleep troubles! Maybe he's going through a growth spurt. Cute pics of your slurping kiddos!