Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pay it forward

I cannot believe what a stressful and LUCKY day I had yesterday!

I stopped by the grocery store in the afternoon. I didn't even have much stuff in the cart...two bags and two gallons of milk. But I somehow managed to leave my purse in the shopping cart! I was frantically searching for it all over the house when I got home. Then I panicked thinking that I MUST have left it at the store...and surely it would be gone! So I raced back up to the store on the corner (where they happen to know me by name). I almost wanted to kiss the manager when I asked him if anybody turned in a purse and he proceded to pull it out of the safe! Some really nice and honest customer had found it in the cart outside and turned it in!!! I couldn't believe my luck....given that my phone, Ipod, and all my credit cards and ID and some cash were in the purse!

Later that same night, I took the kids to McDonald's so they could burn off some energy in the playland. I was being very chatty with another mom who's son was playing with Hannah and Mason. When it was time to go, I packed up and loaded the kids in the car. I went to grab my phone out of my purse to see what time Jim had called me. It was NOWHERE to be found! Not in my purse, not in my diaper bag, not in the truck. I seriously wanted to cry!!! I had JUST had my phone at the table in McDonald's...now how could it have diappeared??? I turned the car around and ran back into the restaurant and asked the cleaning lady if she had found a cell phone when she was cleaning. She said no. I almost gave up and went home when I suddenly remembered that Mason has been OBSESSED with throwing trash in the trash can at the playland lately! I thought it was worth a try...so I grabbed the trash can and started rummaging! Can you BELIEVE I actually found my phone in there??? That little turkey Mason threw my phone in the trash when I wasn't looking!!!

I can't believe the guardian angels looking over me yesterday! I really need to do some good deeds this week to repay my good fortune!

1 comment:

Katy said...

Wow, how lucky were you?! Can't wait to see Halloween pics...