Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Just an over-nighter....

This weekend, Jim and I (along with a group of 10 other bikes) went for a Harley ride up to the mountains in Prescott. My mom was so nice and volunteered to keep the kids the whole time we were gone which made it so that we didn't have to pay a sitter!$$$

We knew there was a cold front pushing thru for the weekend...so I went on the trip very prepared with warm clothes. But I am definitely a desert rat....because I was FREEZING! The ride up to Prescott yesterday wasn't toooooo bad because we reached our destination at the warmest time of the day. We stayed at a nice hotel 2 blocks away from Whiskey Row (the party/bar hoppin' street). When we walked back to our hotel room last night at 1am....it was 32 degrees!!! Needless to say, I was anxious to get to the room and crawl under the covers! Brrrrrr!

We left Prescott at 9:30 this morning and OMG! I was a popsicle on the motocycle after we made it down the mountain! Back in Phx it was a gorgeous day though. We missed the kids but they had a great time with Nana. She took them shopping, to McDonald's, and to the park! It was a good weekend for everyone!

1 comment:

Katy said...

You are one wild woman! I still can't believe you're a Harley girl! :)