Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Creepy Crawlies

There's a lot of wonderful things about living in the desert...warm sunny winters, beautiful wildlife, and pretty scenery are just a few. One AWFUL thing about living in the desert was found on the carpet in our pool table room last Thursday. EEEEK! This is the biggest scorpion I have ever seen (besides at the Phoenix Zoo!). Thank God both the kids were sleeping when I happened upon this nasty creature. And to think that I thought it was a cricket at first and almost kicked it out the door with my bare foot! YIKES!

I saved it in a glass to show Jim when he got home from work. He was freaked out too...so we all took pleasure in saying ADIOS to our home intruder (followed up quickly with a "we don't ever touch bugs" lecture to the kids). Good riddance Scorpion!




3 comments:

Katy said...

Yikes! I think it's a sign you should move back to Illinois. ;)

Anne said...

Dam your toliets are clean. Have you been taking lessons from Jenni LOL

The Day Family said...

I hate to be the one to tell you this but...that trip down the toilet won't kill your little friend. Those nasty things live through everything. You acually have to smash it or it will come back! :(