Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 8, 2009

A very natural day

Believe it or not, we actually DID have some cold(er) weather over the past few weeks. But it was a nice winter AZ day today...a high of 60 something. So the kids and I decided to explore a little bit in the back yard and BOY did we find some cool stuff!

First, Hannah wanted to pick one flower of every color that she could find in the yard. So she lined them up, side by side, and asked me to take a picture of them! Normally I HATE taking pictures, but I obliged anyway. ;)


Then, Hannah discovered that our fruit trees had some ripe lemons and ONE beautiful tangelo that were dying to be plucked from the branches! So we plucked! We had so many lemons...so we brought some to both of our neighbors and STILL had plenty left over!






Just as we were about to call it a day and head inside the house, Hannah and Mason heard a, "Whooo Whooo Who Who Who Whooooooo". They got really excited because they realized our friendly owl who makes his home in one of our trees was back! (I guess he's a "snow bird" too!) ha ha ha Anyway, I snapped some pictures of our winter visitor...and he never took his eyes off me the whole time! Normally you wouldn't want a picture with "red eye"...but I intentionally took this shot to show his spooky peepers watching the whole neighborhood from high up in the trees.

Nature's fun...who knew?


4 comments:

D&T (a.k.a. Dawn & Tran) said...

Make fresh lemonade to wash down a hot bowl of owl stew!

The Former PK said...

OMG! I would die for some of those lemons ... we went food shopping this weekend and had lemons on our list until we saw that they were $1.50 EACH! I remember my days in AZ when I could just pluck one off the tree ... Enjoy nature!!!!

Katy said...

What a fun day & such a cool owl to have in your yard!

Shawna Noel said...

that owl is spooky! What a fun day though!!!