Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, January 12, 2009

Design on a Dime...or $15.

This is kind of a dumb post, but hey...it was a slow news day. Anyway, we have H.A.T.E.D. our 4th bedroom/office/guest room/every random piece of crap gets thrown in there room for a LONG time. But budgets are tight nowadays so I tried to let one of my favorite shows, Design on a Dime, be of inspiration to me. I literally spent $15 on a new lamp, rearranged the furniture, stole some decorations from other places in the house and BAM! It's a whole new room! The headboard for the bed is actually Hannah's footboard (once her bed is converted from a toddler bed to a full bed). The shelves on the wall were buried in a closet that I could never find a use for in the past. The Family picture frame was also in the closet for the same reason. Tomorrow, I'm gonna use some Christmas gift cards we received to *hopefully* purchase some new bedding (the ugly palm trees HAVE to go!) Anyway, just patting my cheap ass self on the back tonight...that's all! :)



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! Looks great...and so much different than it did a couple of days ago! Congrats on your creativity! :)

Katy said...

I'm very impressed Michelle! It looks great!

Anonymous said...

So, I'm waiting for Part II, with the new bedding! :)

Mary Bultman said...

I LOVE your design on Dime redesigned guest room, I am a "Big" HGTV watcher. Next time is come to WI, stop over and help me
redesign our great room

Mary and Gerry(Frog) Bultman
Waukesha, WI