Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore!

Holy Toledo! We just had the craziest storm pass over us just 10 minutes ago! I can't believe what happened! I could tell it was getting really windy outside...so I got up from my office to close the doors around the house. When I walked thru the pool table room, I noticed that our GIANT raft was out of the pool!!! We have lots of thorny bushes in our yard (and our first raft already popped)...so I ran out there to save my favorite pool toy! On a wind-free day, it's very difficult to flip this raft over by yourself. LET ALONE when there's huge wind gusts! Well, I got underneath it, and pushed it up until it was standing upright...I just needed one more little push and I could've had it flipped over in the pool. Then I could've secured the anchor and everything would've been fine....but just as I was about to give it one last shove, a HUGE gust of wind came in and BLEW ME OFF MY FEET! It tossed me about 4 feet away (thankfully onto the grass and not onto a cactus!) I landed on my butt...and then the raft blew on top of me! So here I am, tossed around like a rag doll, and pinned under this GINORMOUS raft thinking "this is it, I'm a dead woman". I managed to crawl out...and just dragged the raft into the pool (still upside down), and secured the anchor into the water.

I posted some pictures of the destruction and mayhem! :) The tiki torches are bent in half, the kids' sandbox umbrella is bent and ruined, and the glass table flipped over and broke our potted cactus! Before this little episode, my hair was completely smooth and straight...neatly pinned back. Now I look like an 80's rock star! And would you believe, it's already sunny outside again? Arizona has some crazy weather!










No comments: