Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Over the Hill

Well, I guess it doesn't feel THAT different being in my 30's instead of my 20's! I just hate saying it out loud!

For the big THREE-O, Jim took me to Rocky Point, Mexico with my brother, Stacy, and a bunch of our friends! We were all very excited to get down there on Friday to begin the festivities...until we hit a little "road block" right outside of Rocky Point.

Apparently the federalies decided to do a thorough drug check of EVERY car entering their town...which led to a traffic back up for MILES and MILES. I was bumming! But my husband (the hero) and my brother (the knight in shining armor) used some of their "occupational skills" (let's call it) to persuade the AK-47 wielding dudes to let us pass the 200 cars ahead of us and sail right through the inspections! THEY SAVED THE DAY! We would've been stuck there for at LEAST another 2 hours!

Anyway, the trip was fantastic! The resort was amazing! And my favorite part was the super fun water slide! I guess I'm not really that old after all!

3 comments:

The Former PK said...

Happy birthday!!!! You're only as young as you act!!!!

Katy said...

It sounds like you had an awesome birthday! Can't wait to celebrate with you in Vegas!!!

Jen said...

Looks like you had lots of fun. Don't worry, we'll celebrate enough to take off 10 years --- in VEGAS!!!!