Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A Woman's Right To Choose

Hannah has been roaring right thru her terrible 2's lately. I gotta say, it's been rough. There's days when I can't decide if I want to give her up for adoption...or sell her on Ebay. LOL But seriously, a 2 year old can really test your patience and definitely knows how to push your buttons!

After having a particularly rough day with Hannah yesterday, I layed in bed last night thinking of a plan of action for the next day. There had to be some new tactics in avoiding all these HORRIBLE meltdowns that she's been having for no reason! So I began thinking...maybe Hannah needs to feel more in control during the days. I spend so much time bossing her around and telling her what to do. And "they" say that 2 year olds are constantly struggling to gain independence. SO...I knew my plan of action.

The next morning....

ME: "Hannah, I love you. You and I are gonna have a GOOD day today okay? And I've decided that I'm going to let you make some choices all by yourself...okay?"

HANNAH: "Ummmm....no. I wanna make eggs."


Do you think she had ANY idea what I was talking about? LOL

So you wanna know how it went???

ME: "Hannah, do you want mommy to pick out your outfit for today or do YOU want to pick out your outfit?"

HANNAH: "I want Mommy to pick it out"

ME: "Okay?!"

(we go into her room and I grab a shirt and shorts from her drawer)

HANNAH: (throwing herself on the floor) "NOOOOOOO!!!! WAAAAAAAH! I WANT TO DO IT! WAAAAAAAHHHHH! EEEEEEEEEEEGH! AAAAAAA-AH-AAAAAAAA~!"

.....so much for choices.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well there went that theory huh?! That's too funny..ahh...on to the next tactic to try:) Good luck!

Katy said...

I'm beginning to understand your frustration! Boy do I love temper tantrums... j/k